You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
Lyrics to Homesick by Mercy Me.
This is how I feel when I think of Julie, we met when we were 5 yrs old. 15 years we had a friendship, and now the past 8 yrs she has been in Heaven while I am here in this world trying to make sense of it all. 19 yrs old she died of cancer, so young so sweet and the most pure and humble person Ive ever known. I got a comment today on fb from Mrs. Wendy, she was our youth pastor's wife, Julie and I both love Mrs. Wendy!! :-) Well she gave me a verse and this verse really makes sense of it all, Julie was just too sweet for this nasty world :-)
"The righteous perishes, and no man takes it to heart,Merciful men are taken away, While no one considers That the righteous is taken away from evil. He shall enter into peace; They shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness." Isaiah 57:1-2.
I truly believe God spoke through Mrs.Wendy to give me this verse today, because it all makes perfect sense. I am sad I don't have my best friend here to speak with daily, no more fun road trips, no more silly jokes or late night drives but I know God needed her there with him, he left me here to carry on her memory in my heart until the day I meet my heavenly father and see my best friend once again. I was there the night she passed away in that hospital 1/26/02 @ 9:11pm and part of my soul went with her that night, part of me is gone but it's not missing..for I know part of me is already in Heaven in the Glory of the King :-) I just Thank God I had a friend like her, some people will go their whole lives without experiencing the type of friendship we had, I got to enjoy it for 15 short yrs. brings new meaning to the saying "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" I am blessed that I got the opportunity to be her best friend, I am honored to have been her friend, her memory will always live with me, she will always be part of my life even if we are separated for a short time, it's not over..we will have eternity together thanks to the gift God gave us,his son. Thank You God Julie was a christian, and that this separation is not forever. Julie I Love you more than I could ever express and will see you again :-)
If you have just one good friend you are blessed! I hope everyone remembers to show the people you love how much you care, you never know when the journey here on earth comes to a end.
Be Blessed!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you for posting this Mandy. I really needed it. I miss my Daddy so much. He passed away from cancer a year ago and I miss him so much. A friend gave me this song the day before he passed. The verse your youth pastors wife gave you really spoke to me. For a year I've tried to figure out why God took him so early. He was such a godly man and I just didn't understand, eventually I just accepted that His was are not mine. I'm going to share this verse with my family. I pray God comforts you, Julie was a special person. Thank you again.
ReplyDelete