I have been really busy these last few days, I did not have time to blog yesterday! Well today my time is very limited but I wanted to share something, I was doing my devotion last night and God spoke to me through a verse, and yesterday was a very rough day for me as far as following the verse..
Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
Let me tell you...the devil was attacking me yesterday and then in the evening I read this and it reminded me of the day I had. This verse is not saying to do unto your best friend as you would have them do to you, or do unto your family, it's saying do unto OTHERS.Which means the rude woman in the billing department at the doctor, or the former friend who put a wrench in your day, or the guy who cut you off on the freeway. It means EVERYONE! even our enemies, that person who may not like us, the person who just gets on our nerves so bad. Yesterday I did not behave perfectly with all situations, but I did realize my wrong after doing unto someone how they did me, instead of following the verse "do unto others, as you would have them do unto you" this was my first situation of the morning! by yesterday afternoon I had another situation come up, where I did behave better and even though the other person wronged me, I refuse to be pulled down to that level, I instead treated them how I myself want to be treated. Also I had to remember another verse
Matthew 5:40
And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.
basically the way I look at it is if a person wants your jacket off your back, you give it to them and whatever else they want..maybe that jacket was formerly given to you because you needed to be kept warm but if the person wants it back just give it up, and do unto others have you would have them do unto you!
Be Blessed!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment