Today I was reading my one year bible devotion and this really spoke to me
Matthew 9:20-22
Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself,"If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed." Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter,"he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.
A THOUGHT: Like lepers and those who were demon-possessed, this woman was considered unclean. For twelve years, she too had been one of the "untouchables" and had not been able to live a normal life. But Jesus changed that and restored her. Sometimes we are tempted to give up on people or situations which have not been changed for many years. God can change what seems unchangeable,giving new life and hope.
I am not sure who puts the devotions in the one yer bible, I have not seen a authors name in the book, but wow they know how to hit the nail on the head!! How many of us have that friend, spouse, family member, co worker who seem like they may never turn to God, or they may never be healed, or released from that drug addiction? But we should not give up on them, God can change a situation reguardless of how long the situation has been going on! This really touched me, as I do have people and situatons in my life that sometimes seem like a lost cause, but with the lord all things are possible!!
Be Blessed!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment