Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 9 of the Fast

So today is the 9th day of the fast, I had made the decison to commit to 14 days. I have done a complete fast before for 24 hrs, but it was nothing like this. This has been an emotional time, it also has been a time where I have grew closer to God. It is said that some things only come through prayer and fasting. I am praying for a lot of different things during the fast, praying for others. But one thing I am praying hard for myself is to get a job. I have been out of full time work for over 7 months now, and I know there has been a reason for it, shortly after I got laid off my papa broke his hip so I have taken care of him, in the middle of his hip healing we found out he has lung cancer again, so I took him for treatment for that also. I know God had a plan, he knew these things would happen and he made sure I was avaliable for it. Now papa's hip is healed, the cancer they believe right now is gone, and he is better. He does have some trouble walking on his new leg but he is in rehab for that. In my mind im thinking "God, I am done here...right? Isn't it time for a new season for me??" God's schedule of my life must be different than mine, but all I can do is do my part ( apply for jobs and pray) not only do I pray to find a steady job that pays well enough for me to take care of myself, but also I pray for my sanity..each day being unemployed gets harder and harder...and each day it's even more scary to start work..I have been so disconnected from the work environment that it scares me to go back to the "REAL WORLD" but I do want so badly to be back in that world..of co workers,deadlines, lunch breaks, etc. I have to pray to keep myself together and to not just give up on life, I have to keep reminding myself God won't put you in a situation where the grace of God can't get you out. I think since I have been fasting it has made me more emotional about my unemployed status, maybe because I don't have my comfort food, now is the time I need to make God my comfort and press into him. I know great things will happen this year as I get closer to God. I just have to keep going, not giving up.

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble.
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. (Ps 9.9-10)



Pray for me in my job search! Thanks!!

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment